Benefiting Center for Hospice Care
Thank you to our terrific restaurant partners!
Please join us for the 10th Annual Bike Michiana for Hospice on Sunday, September 23, 2018!
Center for Hospice Care and the Hospice Foundation are thrilled to announce that the 10th Annual Bike Michiana for Hospice is on for Sunday, September 23!
For the first time, the ride will start and finish at Center for Hospice Care’s Mishawaka Campus, which is next to beautiful Central Park, along the scenic St. Joseph River.
We are holding this event to raise money to support the mission of Center for Hospice Care, and to give those in our community a chance to honor their loved ones. Remember, every dollar we raise helps improve the quality of living in our community!
Thank you to our Sponsors!
- Location – The ride will now begin and end at Central Park in Mishawaka, where we will also host a great post-event party.
- Routes – We will feature anew route for casual cyclists and families, plus two longer routes for cycling enthusiasts.
- T-Shirts – Your T-shirt is now included in the registration fee. Simply select your size during your online registration.
- Number of Cyclists – To maximize the fun for everyone, we are limiting registration to 500 – so register as soon as possible.
- Advance Registration Required – For planning purposes, we are requiring advance registration, and we will not be doing same-day registrations.
- Fundraising – To support our mission of providing compassionate care to all eligible patients, regardless of their ability to pay, this year’s riders will have the opportunity to raise additional money for Center for Hospice Care.
What’s NOT Changing?
- Fabulous Food! – Yesterday’s, Olympia Candy Kitchen, and 523 Tap & Grill will provide all the delicious eats for the SAG stops and post-event party.
- Fun! – The new location and routes promises for a great event with lots to do for everyone. Central Park is a great place to spend time before and after the ride!
- Fellowship! – Have a great time for a great cause, enjoying family, friends and neighbors.
We’re also excited to be holding this event in conjunction with our 33rd Annual Walk for Hospice!
Thank you to our Partners!
Sunday, September 23
Registration, Start and Finish at Center for Hospice Care (next to Central Park in Mishawaka)
501 Comfort Place, Mishawaka, IN (click for map)
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. – Cyclist Check-In (Note: Advance registration by Sept. 19 is required)
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. – Cyclists depart (51-mile route)
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. – Cyclists depart (26-mile route)
- 10:00-10:30 a.m. – Cyclists depart (2.8-mile Family route)
- 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Post-Event Party with food provided by Yesterday’s, music and refreshments. South Bend Brew Werks beer will be available for cyclists over the age of 21.
SAG Stop #1 – Jimtown Junior High School
- Food provided by – 523 Tap & Grill
- Time – SAG operating from 9:30am-12pm
SAG Stop #2 – Pringle Park, Goshen
- Food and Goodies provided by – Olympia Candy Kitchen
- Time – SAG operating from 10am-1pm
Post-Event Party – Central Park / Center for Hospice Care
- Food provided by – Yesterday’s
- Beer provided by – South Bend Brew Werks
- Time – 11am-5pm
There are lots of ways to get involved!
Where and when can I volunteer?
Bike Michiana for Hospice will offer opportunities to volunteer during every stage of the ride, including registration, SAG stop assistance, and at the after party.
These tasks will vary depending on the immediate needs during the week before the event but tasks may include SAG stop assistance, delivering food, tent setup, etc.
These tasks will vary depending on the immediate needs during the time after the event but tasks may include SAG stop tear down, clean up, tent teardown, etc.
If you are signing up to be a volunteer for the first time, please understand that you are applying for this position and you will be contacted by Bike Michiana’s Volunteer Coordinator regarding the next steps.
Please join us as a volunteer to help create a safe and enjoyable weekend. Contact Hannah Nichols at (574) 243-3119 or NicholsH@foundationforhospice.org.
Don’t forget this is a FUNDRAISER for Center for Hospice Care!
In 1980, CHC promised that no one eligible for hospice services will be turned away, regardless of their ability to pay. Your support can help us keep this important promise. Once you register, you will be given the opportunity to create a simple fundraising page through our fundraising platform Everyday Hero.
We also have prizes for our fundraisers!
- Raise $250 or more on your Everyday Hero page, and receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card or a $25 Gift Card to a local restaurant
- Raise $500 or more on your Everyday Hero page, and receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card or a $50 Gift Card to a local restaurant
- Raise $1,000 or more on your Everyday Hero page, and receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card or a $100 Gift Card to a local restaurant
- Our top fundraiser will also receive a large-screen TV
All the money you raise will go to support Center for Hospice Care. Register for the Event and then set up your fundraising page.