Benefiting Center for Hospice Care
Please join us for the 33rd Annual Walk for Hospice on Sunday, September 23, 2018!
Center for Hospice Care and the Hospice Foundation are thrilled to announce that the 33rd Annual Walk for Hospice is on for Sunday, September 23!
As in year’s past, the walk will start and finish at Center for Hospice Care’s Mishawaka Campus, which is next to beautiful Central Park, along the scenic St. Joseph River.
We are holding this event to raise money to support the mission of Center for Hospice Care, and to give those in our community a chance to honor their loved ones.
Remember, every dollar we raise helps improve the quality of living in our community!
Thank you to our sponsors!
- T-Shirts – Your T-Shirt is now included in your registration fee. Simply select your size during online registration.
- Fundraising – To support our mission of providing compassionate care to all eligible patients, regardless of their ability to pay, this year’s participants will have the opportunity to raise additional money for Center for Hospice Care.
- Post-Event Party – This year’s post-event party will have more food, music and fun this year, as we are holding a joint party for our returning walkers and cyclists. Yesterday’s will provide all the delicious eats for the post-event party.
- Advance Registration Required – For planning purposes, we are requiring advance registration, and we will not be doing same-day registrations.
What’s NOT Changing?
- Location! – The walk will begin and end at Central Park in Mishawaka.
- Fun! – Central Park is a great place to spend time before and after the walk!
- Fellowship! – Have a great time for a great cause, enjoying family, friends and neighbors.
We’re also excited to be holding this event in conjunction with our 10th Annual Bike Michiana for Hospice!
Thank you to our print and media partners!
Here’s what you need to know:
Sunday, September 23
Check-in, Start and Finish at Center for Hospice Care, near Central Park in Mishawka, IN
501 Comfort Place, Mishawaka, IN (click for map)
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Walker Check-In (Note: Advance registration by Sept. 19 is required)
- 11:30 a.m. – Walkers depart
- 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Post-Event Party with food provided by Yesterday’s, music, and refreshments (Center for Hospice Care). South Bend Brew Werks beer will be available for participants over the age of 21.
Walkers will follow a 2.5 mile path using the River Walk beginning at Central Park. Maps provided day of the event. Those who wish to walk farther are welcome to repeat the route. Alternatively, the route can be shortened if needed.
There will be a rest stop along the route with water, fruit and snacks.
There are lots of ways to get involved!
Where and when can I volunteer?
Walk for Hospice will several offer opportunities to volunteer. Please join us as a volunteer to help create a safe and enjoyable day. Contact Hannah Nichols at (574) 243-3119 or NicholsH@foundationforhospice.org to get involved!
Don’t forget this is a FUNDRAISER for Center for Hospice Care!
In 1980, CHC promised that no one eligible for hospice services will be turned away, regardless of their ability to pay. Your support can help us keep this important promise. Once you register, you will be given the opportunity to create a simple fundraising page through our fundraising platform Everyday Hero.
We also have prizes for our fundraisers!
- Raise $250 or more on your Everyday Hero page, and receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card or a $25 Gift Card to a local restaurant
- Raise $500 or more on your Everyday Hero page, and receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card or a $50 Gift Card to a local restaurant
- Raise $1,000 or more on your Everyday Hero page, and receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card or a $100 Gift Card to a local restaurant
- Our top fundraiser will also receive a large-screen TV
All the money you raise will go to support Center for Hospice Care. Register for the Event and then set up your fundraising page.
Still have questions? Contact Hannah Birong Nichols at NicholsH@FoundationForHospice.org or at 574-243-3119